Clarkworld Campaign

Saturday, November 05, 2005

A Letter Arrives...

After reading the letter, I flip the courier boy some silver and thank him for his services. I take a peak inside the box and sure enough, there is a beaker with some liquid in it. I quickly close the box, tell my trusted manager, Righim, that I would take leave and retire to my quarters.

I head down the hall of the biggest Platinum Halfling in the capital city, unlock the door, and enter my room. It looks just like any other room in the inn, yet the keyhole appears to be a cross rather than just a regular keyhole. I close the door behind me and glance around the room. Everything is in its rightful place. I crack a smile as my eyes cross my Pip Willow Titch First Edition on the shelf. "Those were the days," I think to myself.

I head over to the wall where the picture of Bolos Keep hangs. I slide the picture to the side to reveal 4 separate dials. I turn them in sequence and the bookcase on the opposite wall slides to the right. I enter the small room. In the room there is a table with stacks of uncounted gold. On one wall, a cloak hangs, it has a pitch black color to it. Next to that, a leather satchel hangs from a peg, it shares the color of the cloak. A shelf is over the table with what appears to be a branch that is mounted on a plaque. I head over to a chest that was on the opposite wall of the table. I pull the chair from the table up to the chest, unlock the chest and open it.

I reach in and pull out a sheathed short sword and think to myself, "It's time...I've missed them and am ready to re-embark on my life. This is precisely what I need."

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home