Clarkworld Campaign

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Boulder Dodger at Large

We set out from the Dwarven City to traverse the Mountains of Fir. The snow has fallen and laid across the landscape. As we happened upon a ravine, the order is Baldin, Terra, Me, Endel, and then Gildere saw something move along the top and the snow rustled.

Before I knew what was happening, a boulder was hurled at me and knocked me from my mount. I get my wits about me, glance at the top of the ravine and notice 5 Frost Giants hurling boulders at the party. The walls of the ravine are sheer and straight up. My first instinct is to just try and burrow in the snow and wait it out. I hope back on the pony and we begin to make our way up the ravine as fast as we can without putting either in danger. Then it happens...I feel like I am able to bend time and space.

A boulder hurtles past me on our right, a second one comes the same way, but this one lands right in front of us and kicks up the snow in front of us. We veer to the right and a boulder hurtles right towards us, but a 4th one shows and KNOCKS THAT ONE AWAY.

I don't know what to say. I must have a gift, I don't always show it, but every once in awhile, it appears. We make quick work of the frost giants (well, after I get to the end of the ravine and back up the side). I get behind one, and bring it within an inch of its life. The rest of the crew takes care of the remaining 4 and Endel breathes on the one I'm wrecking and it falls over dead. It figures.

1 Comments:

  • Next time I'll let them swing at you, I guess? =)

    By Blogger webba, at 8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home