Clarkworld Campaign

Sunday, December 04, 2005

I wake up...again

I open my eyes and I'm alive!!!! Woohoo. I awake to see that we are in a broken down building, around the area that I made the mark. I feel fine. Wondering what the hell just happened. Oh well...death toll 1.

Terra and Endel are in the city where the high Cleric is in order to Resurrection Endel. So, me, Baldin, and Gildere are taking watches. I'm on second shift for the night. Thankfully nothing happens that night.

Terra and Endel show up the next day, Endel is alive. She tells us that she learned, from the high level cleric, that she can Power Word Kill the dracolich. Information that would have been useful..YESTERDAY!!! :( We head back, Baldin soups her up with a bunch of anti-fire stuff. Baldin goes through, appears to be in pain. The Dracolich jumps up and leaps towards Terra, she casts and the dragonlich goes POOF!!! Awesome...much easier this time.

We move inside, make sure there are no traps on teh door, picked it and walk in. Statues on either side near the wall, double row of pews to dias at the front, where a guy in brown robes is standing. Baldin takes a step forward...and I appear in a forest. 1000s of skeletons, a half dozen vampire, and a dracolich. I bearly have enough time to piss my pants and I appear back in the room. Phew...I give them some story of my uberness. Evidently it was a Crypt Thing and Baldin smoked it.

As we are examining the statues, they reach out and punch Terra and Gildere. I got 3 on me but I am a tumbling mofo and all three miss. I get three of them to follow me, but they are swinging at me. I see Endel drop 2 and all of a sudden there are like 8 versions of Gildere around the room. I turn and trip over my feet and fall and hit a pew. I'm screwed, but I suck it, get up and get back into bouncing around. They miss when they go to hit. So it gets down to just the three stones, the other 4 irons and 3 stones were dropped. Endel, Gildere and Baldin come over to where I am and take out the remaining three stones. I stand up, wipe the sweat from my brow and see Baldin rushing to the side of Terra who remains motionless.

Baldin does his thing and Terra rises. She doesn't look all that different, but she says she's weaker. I'm searching around while she's recovering, and find a lever on the altar. We decide to take it easy and wait until Terra can make her Mordencai's Magnificant Mansion. We get a good night's sleep, I don't need it, but the rest of these guys do so I'm ok with it.

------

We get up in the morning and get ready to go. I pull the lever and there is a ladder down, I fade into shadows and descend down. I hear the sound of a sarcophagus, I grab the sides of the ladder and slide down, when I hit the bottom, I slide out of the way.

We see a crypt and three sarcophus..es. There are 8 crypt openings on either side and on the back as well. So...27 or so bad guys...BRING IT ON!!!!! [/joe swanson]. As we engage the mummies, the greater mummy in the middle raises his holy symbol and shouts, "By the power of Anubis, be gone!!!" Baldin turns around and starts climbing up the ladder...great. Gildere puts up a wall of fire that encompasses the half of the room where the greater mummy is (and Endel). Luckily Endel has some nice armor that busts up fire/lightning/cold damage (just can't combine them). Terra puts up a second wall of fire. The next thing I know, Endel is charging out of the fire and swings at Gildere...WTF!!! I leave the three mummies and attempt to go and iron bands Endel..I miss. crap! Gildere appears to disappear and Endel swings at Terra and cuts into her. I bands and get it this round. I make my save vs. Terra's color spray and Endel flexes but the bands hold. The greater mummy appears from the fire, Terra flys up the ladder and I dimension door behind the greater mummy and miss...figures. The big guy takes a swing at me and misses. Next round I stick him and he appears to be getting long in the tooth. Gildere whines and falls over and lies motionless. I stick the big mummy again and 4 ogres appear from the ground. Thank goodness they swung at the mummies (3 still standing) and 14 Terras are now around the room. Three Kyrees show up and they all attack the bad mummy. He's still standing at the end of the round, so next round I stick him and he falls over dead. Woohoo!!! Beware the Mummy killing halfling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home