Clarkworld Campaign

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

A Gift for a Friend

Not too long ago, I came upon the unfortunate experience of death. Luckily, I know a guy named Baldin (I know, this was the same guy that in just the previous post, I was talking about not trusting me). He happens to be a paladin and they are good at bringing people back to life. I know that I could never give him anything as valuable to him as life is valuable to me, so I did the next best thing.

He had the unfortunate experience of death as well, what is worse is that his armor was ruined. When we arrived back in town, I took it upon myself to see that his armor was either repaired or he received a new set. Endel and Gildere offered to help, but I told them that I would take care of it.

I made my way to the Lord's blacksmith and spoke with Joe. Joe was the lord's steward and he and I were able to strike a deal for a new set of armor for Baldin. Spared no expense. I was even able to get some money back on the ruined armor from before. I also was able to gain recognition with that particular lord.

The armor wasn't cheap, but I was able to gain a bit of reputation and more importantly, I helped out a friend who was in need. Do I feel that I have repaid the paladin for the gift of life? No, but I feel better knowing that I was able to give back.

-Aidan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home